Bashaw Township Home >
Bashaw township was named after its first settlers, the Joseph and Maria Pascher family, although the name was altered to make the pronuciation easier. The Paschers were Bohemian farmers who settled there with their three children in spring 1869. Other families soon followed, including several Swedes – Samuel Johnson, Gustav Wing, and Gust Odeen, and Swen Janson, and the Norwegian Christian and Charlotte Anderson family. The first township meeting was held in April, 1874, electing officers John Johnson as Chairman, Supervisor John Quick, Clerk William Lampen, Assessor Henry Kimmelie, Treasurer Charles Krause, Justice of the Peace O. H. Alback, and Constable Ira Bonner.
Joseph and Maria Pascher