Burnstown Township Home >
Burnstown Township was settled in 1857 by the Jonathan F. Brown family. The following year, John F. Burns, E. Otto, and Mr. Webb settled in the township as well. Settlement of Burnstown Township occurred slowly until about 1869. By 1871, the township organized and was named after early settlers John F. and Daniel Burns. Daniel had joined his brother John in Minnesota in 1859. When the Winona and St. Peter Railroad passed through the township in 1872, it constructed the Burns Station depot, which spurred the development of the City of Springfield.
Shady Lane Stock Farm, LaForest E. Potter