Eden Township Home >
Eden Township was settled in December 1864 when Isaac Johnson, W. O. Hewitt, O. A. Dresser, and Abner Franklin came with their families. When Home Township organized in 1866, Eden was temporarily attached to it. Eden Township organized on April 2, 1867 at the house of W. O. Hewitt. H. S. Eldred was elected chairman, D. P. Winchel and Hiram Jones were supervisors, Treasurer Isaac Johnson, H. M. Munsell and William Brown were justices of the peace, and Amos Root and O. A. Dresser were constables. Township residents chose the name because the area reminded them of the biblical Garden of Eden.
Family and Friends at the Isaac Johnson Farm