Lake Hanska Township Home >
Lake Hanska was named for the lake called Hanskah (long or tall) by the Dakota. The first official meeting of Lake Hanska Township was held in 1870, at the home of A. W. Peterson and the petition for the founding of Lake Hanska township was signed May 2, 1870. Among the first pioneers in the area of Lake Hanska were the brothers, Patrick, James, and Edward Casey who came in 1855. Soon after James F. Devine, a Catholic priest, also came and initially lived with the Casey brothers near Lake Omsrud.
Christ Ahlness Family